So today i’ve coded some more stuff. Finalized the blocks feature, man what a bitch to code! But i did it. And it’s fast, mighty fast! The initial code mockup took 3 seconds to wade through queries and arrays to select 3 ads and often pick non existent or the wrong ones. But now it works fine and it’s neat!
Mod_rewrite is still a failboat. I’ve spend 6 hours reading threads and trying out a million ways to get it working. WordPress simply wont accept the parameters (one integer) to redirect to the external link. Not even when adding an “external rule”. Fucking frustrating. But alas. I gave up. The feature is postponed indefinitely. I had hoped WordPress 3 would be better. It’s not…
Now, on with testing stuff! With the plugin ready, it just needs testing. And a lot of it. Which i will do over the next couple of days.
If you feel you know sufficient php and html to spot an error when you see one and understand it enough to give proper feedback, you might be in luck.
Drop a note in the comments (i’ll grab your email from the email field), you can get a beta. Please in a few words, say who you are, what your skills are so i get an idea.
I’m especially interested in results on the upgrade script and overall performance and ease of use. My limited testing only had limited amounts of ads.
The first 10 to respond and of whom i feel comfortable sharing the code with will get a copy by email with instructions.