That’s right. At the Rabobank they must have made a board meeting at some point and one of the guys suddenly jumps up and shouts “I’VE GOT IT!” Where the rest of the attendees look up shocked and bewildered. “Got what?” one asks.
“Let’s make an appealing product for customers. Something that no other bank does. Something amazing! Let’s make it cheap too. So people join us even easier.” The excited board member exclaims. The others cheer and one suggests; “But let’s give them the worst of the worst product and procedure at the same time.”
And so they did…
Their site promises easy everything. Credit Card, iDeal, Maestro support. Active and supportive helpdesk and what’s more. It’s not too expensive, too.
Sounds good yea?
Applied for their payment gateway.
Received my contracts, confirmations and all paperwork accepting me into their iDeal program… Wait, what? No Credit cards? Calling their service desk they told me “Credit Cards are not allowed for IT businesses”. That’s a big vague isn’t it. And why is my company name suddenly different.
Emailed them, again asking them to correct my contact details. Yes, they had linked me to someone else’s website. A client of mine, for which I am technical contact.
Called them, again asking them to rectify my contact details and why I could not accept Credit cards. They explained I was put in a “high risk category” and thus would not be eligible to accept Credit cards. Also, since my own account was relatively new I would be linked to my clients account for the first month. Yeah don’t even ask…
After some discussion it turns out that Visa and MasterCard decided that my business was in a “high risk category” and declined my application for Credit Card payments. I argued that this decision (and reasoning) made no sense and wanted this up for discussion with a manager or higher-up-someone to sort this out. No manager was available. If they could call me back. Sure, whatever, hurry up already!
They called me back apologising for their mistake, there was some sort of miscommunication about my payment methods internally and their approval thing gave ambiguous instructions which suggested that only iDeal should be activated. But… She had taken care of it and all I had to do was accept and activate the current iDeal contract then once that was set up apply for an extension to add Credit Card payments.
So basically, she did nothing. And it makes me think they forgot about it altogether. Anyway, I sent in the contract the same day.
Confirmation that my contract has been received.
My contract has been activated and is ready to go. I promptly apply for the Credit card payments and added a second site to the contract.
Email confirmation that my extensions have been approved and I will receive the extension contracts soon.
I’ve received 24 pages of Visa and MasterCard rules telling me about everything they would not do for me and how much I would pay them etc. Which I sent back promptly.
I received emails telling me everything was in order and activated and ready to go. Login details would be sent to me shortly. Great. Finally!
Finally the emails with my login details come in. But they account does not work. Trusting nothing these idiots do I emailed them asking them to confirm if Credit card payments were now active and for both my websites. Since the emails didn’t specify that. Also I asked why my account is not working. To which they answered I should call them.
Calling them the next day around 2pm I was told by a computer they were closed but could be reached on business days between 8am and 8pm. Uhh… Ok.
Today I called again. And actually got someone on the phone. I asked him if he could confirm that Credit cards were now active and ready to go. After some dicking around in the system he told me that my 2 websites were conflicting in their system or something. iDeal was not activated. Credit cards would take another 3-4 weeks and that he didn’t understand their mess. If he could call me back…
He called back an hour or so later confirming that indeed iDeal was not active but should be in a few days. He again explained that Credit cards take up to 3 weeks to activate. To which I angrily reacted that they told me in their emails 2 days ago that everything was active and ready. “Yes, our communication could be a bit more transparent.” No shit…
Conclusion (Intermission rather…)
So, still no credit cards. Neither of my sites can accept *any* payment through their site after 6 weeks of pointing out their issues and flaws and still they can’t set up my account properly. How hard can it be to activate an account and link some payment methods to it dammit!
And every time I tell them something is wrong they use the excuse “Omnikassa is a new product, we’re still polishing some procedures”. No it’s not new. It been available for over a year! It doesn’t take that long to send emails with the right information, or without spelling errors for that matter. It doesn’t take a year to “iron out kinks” in account procedures you do every day. Especially not glaring dumdums like this.
If they weren’t the only ones who had accepted me for this stuff I would have given up weeks ago…