So i have Lion for a bout a week now, on both my Laptop and iMac.
I am mightily unimpressed and more annoyed with it than anything. Where are the cool and awesome new feats? I have yet to find anything new i actually like in Lion.
Some more quirks i found and find hard to understand why ANYONE would even think of making it a default…
- Opening a video in Quicktime 10, then closing it after a few seconds, then quit quicktime and opening another movie. Opens the first AND the new one. SO you have 2 videos running. Why?
If you finish the first movie it stays away… Is this some encouragement to finish earlier vids first? Wtf?
This only happens in QT10, not in QT7.
- Sidescrolling in Finder… Yea, turn if off please. Oh wait! i cannot! (Or i cannot find the setting) So i cannot use a sliding gesture anymore to go back and forth between folders like you do with browsers to go back and forward between sites.
- Fullscreen apps don’t stay fullscreen and forget which space they belong to.
- Opening Excel opens all previous files too. Confusing me to no end since i open only one! Stop fucking restoring the previous state! I quit that file. When i want it i open it myself tyvm!
- Messy gestures in the trackpad. Luckily i could disable them all!
- Window positions not saved? Yahoo Messenger keeps being too low when i start the app. iChat ALWAYS end up somewhere in the middle of the screen no matter where i place it.
- iChat and Yahoo. Yay! i thought. But that fun was short-lived since Live! (MSN) Contacts in iChat’s Yahoo are not visible. Wtf!?
And i’m sure there is more that i forgot or didn’t even see yet
I wonder when we can Upgrade to Snow Leopard again!